Acquiring an existing business can be easier than setting up and launching a new business from scratch. The main reason most people buy a small business rather than starting one is for the established infrastructure and ongoing cash flow. But you’ll want to do your research and due diligence before going ahead – especially if you’ve never been in business before.
Some of the items that need to be considered when buying a business include:
- How to tell if you’re ready to buy a business
- Independent businesses vs franchises
- Researching a business
- Performing due diligence
- Valuing a business
- Making an offer
- Purchase contracts
- Financing a business purchase
The knowledgeable team at SEEK Business have created ‘The ultimate guide to buying a business“. b|broker highly recommends you review this guide in full, especially if you’ve never been in business before.
Purchasing an established business can be complex. Other valuable information on buying an existing business can be found at:
- gov.au: Buy an existing business
- NAB: Your essential guide to buying a small business
- Business Victoria: Checklist for buying a business
- SEEK Business: Checklist for buying a business
To view the businesses b|broker currently has listed for sale, click here.
To become a registered buyer with b|broker and receive new listings directly to your inbox, click here